Thursday, May 19, 2016

Justice Desserts

I'm pretty sure there is a Cold Stone Creamery near me but I don't think I've ever been to one.  Which is a shame because I totally missed out on the recent Batman v Superman promotion.  Just like similar past promotions from Baskin-Robbins, these guys were way too subtle with their marketing and it was totally off my radar.  That being said, let's take a quick look at the gloomy trinity's sweet treats:


Each one of the big three got their own themed sundae.  I still haven't seen this movie but I can't imagine anyone associated with it would enjoy ice cream.  Even if they had their own sundae designed for them.  It would get in the way of the brooding.  Of course I am more than happy to dive into them.  Let's take a closer look:


Here's the breakdown:
  • "Batman's Chocolate Cookie Crusade" - Yeah, Batman always gets chocolate as a flavor.  That's a no-brainer.
  • "Superman's Kryptonian Cake Sensation" - A lot of times you get the whole "Green Kryptonite" theme but they went with the yellow, blue and red sprinkles instead.  And cake!
  • "Wonder Woman's Strawberry Warrior" - I'll be honest, those look like raspberries to me.  Also, the strawberry option always seem to be the "girly" option and I don't think that's particularly necessary.  I see here as more of a peanut butter cookie flavor, maybe?
Need to feed a group?  Let them eat cake:


They went with the "Superman Punching the Batmobile" theme.  Seems like they could have done a little bit more with this one but we get what we get...with ice cream and with movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment