Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sweet & Power

Previously:

 The DC Super Hero Girls franchise has released plenty of merchandise.  In fact, Santa brought a ton of it to my daughter this past December.  But among the dolls, costumes and play sets there was a serious lacking of any food products.  I don't know what caused the delay but I'm glad it's over because I'm pleased to announce that we now live in a world with Super Hero Girls Fruit Snacks!


DCSHG has a huge cast of characters.  At one point or other, a big chunk of the DC Universe has ended up in the web series or at least in the background of the first movie.  But the main group usually consists of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Katana with some occasional assists (for some reason) by Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.

And it's that Fab Five that made the cover of the box and who also got bios on the back:


Each one is written in first person and does a pretty good job of introducing character traits and super powers while being personable.    Of course, they include the tried and true dotted lines for cutting out your favorite characters and staging battle scenes while snacking...this kind of thing is not done NEARLY enough.

Let's crack open a box and take a gander at the goodies:


Now I've been documenting novelty fruit snacks for a while now and it seems like lately they're making them harder to photograph/scan.  When I have time, I'll get my conspiracy theory thoughts organized.

Until then we've got the faces of Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Batgirl as well as the logos of Supergirl, Bumblebee and, I believe, Katana.  Not bad but, once again, we run into my pet peeve of doubling up on a character instead of including an additional one.  Sure, it would have been great to see Star Sapphire or Starfire or Fire but for now these will do fine.

You may also want to check out: 


No comments:

Post a Comment